Thursday, 2 April 2009

From "Caramello Candybars and Yoohoo Chocolate Drinks"

By Darby Larson.

"Your paradox interests me, Jack."

"What?"

"Not being able to take a shower because you don't have a home but can't get a home because you've got no money but can't get a job because you can't take a shower, and so on."

"What about it?"

"I think I'm going to try to help you solve it today."

"How?"

"Do you have any money at all?"

"No. I've got thirty cents."

"Try reaching into your pockets for money. Often, when I need money, I just reach into my pockets, and there it is."

"What?"

"Reach into you pockets."

Jack reached into his pockets and pulled out thirty cents. Three dimes.

"That's it?" I asked.

"I told you that's all I have."

"Interesting," I said. This was truly fascinating.

No comments: