Wednesday, 21 March 2007

From an untitled closet drama in Quid 9

By Chris Goode.

SOURCES CLOSE TO RICHARD DILLON: Your addition –

PALAVER MAJORA: My boundary –

OMNES: Our wavelength. “Aaaah.”

A LAMB: [Sotto voce] You gastric bitch.

A FRESHMAN: Shoo.

THE PRESIDENT: [Adagio for Stings] Y’know, folks, I recently received a touching letter that says a lot about the state of America in these difficult times – a letter from a 4th-grade girl, with a father in the military: “As much as I don’t want my Dad to fight,” she wrote, “I have seen an mpeg of Osama bin Laden [forget]ing a donkey. You can therefore take my father and do whatever the [forget] you like. My whole life is over. I wish I had been blinded by the notorious Islamic dropsy rather that see Osama bin Laden [forget]ing a donkey. I mean, you know, I mean, you know, I mean, you know, I mean, you know, I mean, you know, I mean, you know, I mean, you know. [Forget] it. Whatever.”

This young folk-girl knows what America is all about. Since September 11, an entire generation of young American folks has gained new understanding of the folk value of freedom, and its cost in duty and sacrifice. Folk in hell, yip. And so, I’m delighted to welcome the puking ghost of Jerry Garcia to introduce our final number.

THE VOMITING GHOST INDEED OF JERRY LEWIS: […]

No comments: